Quickbooks unrecoverable error, as the name suggests, is one of the critical errors that you will encounter when using the Quickbooks application. This error occurs when you attempt to open the Quickbooks file and the application fails to access the file. The error message implies that the Quickbooks application has encountered an issue and needs to close. It may also be followed by a 5 digit code to specify the error code. In case you are also facing an unrecoverable error in Quickbooks, this guide will be useful for you. We have provided all the advanced solutions to deal with the error.
Factors of Unrecoverable Error
To avoid the Quickbooks unrecoverable error in future, you must be aware of the reasons for which you can encounter the issue. Here is a list of all the reasons for unrecoverable errors in Quickbooks.
- Any crucial component of Quickbooks is damaged on the system.
- The system is infected with the virus.
- In case there is a sudden power outage, you can encounter the issue.
- Another reason for which you can face the issue is that there is a network blip when a user attempts to log in to the company file.
- Next, there may be some network issue on the system.
- Also, you can face the issue because important Quickbooks updates are missing from the system.
- There may be some data integrity issues with the company file.
- The Quickbooks related data is damaged or needs to be repaired.
Indications of Unrecoverable Error Code in Quickbooks
Now, you must be aware of all the symptoms of the Quickbooks error so that you can easily identify the same and also, choose an appropriate solution for the same. Here are all the symptoms of the Quickbooks error.
- Desktop window crashes every time the application encounters the error.
- Quickbooks desktop crashes as soon as it is started.
- Unable to process any update leading to other errors like Quickbooks update error 15016.
- Quickbooks application freezes more frequently.
- You may not be able to save any latest transactions.
- In case the Quickbooks application crashes when you perform a particular task.
- You may not be able to find any latest saved transactions.
Quick Fixes for Quickbooks Unrecoverable Error
There are different methods that you can use to fix Quickbooks unrecoverable error. Here we have listed and explained each method in detail for help. Check out all the relevant methods.
Method 1: Disable Quickbooks from Startup Window
- To start with, you will have to hit the ALT key and simultaneously open the Quickbooks application.
- After this, a new dialogue box will open on the system. You will then have to leave the ALT key and then enter your password.
- When done, click on the Ok button. The application will then open on the system. Press and hold the ALT key.
- You will have to then release the ALT key and then finish the process.
Method 2: Copying Company File to Desktop
- For this, you will have to find the folder in which your Quickbooks company file is present.
- Now, you will have to look for the file having a .qbw extension.
- When done, right-click on the file and from the menu, choose the copy option.
- You will now have to paste the copied file on the desktop of your system.
- After this, press and hold the CTRL key and simultaneously open the Quickbooks application by clicking on the icon.
- Leave the CTRL key when the No company open window will open on the screen.
- You will then have to choose the open option and then look for the file that you wish to open.
Method 3: Start Reboot.bat File
- To start with, you will have to look for the reboot.bat file under the C drive on the system.
- After this, you will have to right-click on the reboot.bat file and choose to run as an administrator.
- When done, you will have to start Quickbooks and check if you are facing the same issue.
Method 4: Use Quick Fix My Program
- To begin with, you will have to terminate the Quickbooks application on the system.
- You will have to then download the current version of the Quickbooks tool hub on the system.
- Now, click on the file that you have downloaded and then proceed with the installation process.
- Agree to the license agreement and then choose the Next option. Change the installation folder if needed.
- When done, you will have to click on the Quickbooks tool hub icon and then start the tool.
- In the tool window, go to the program problems tab.
- Under this tab, you will have to choose to run the Quick fix my program option.
- Wait for the tool to run. Let it diagnose and fix all the errors.
- When done, close the tool hub window and then check if the issue is resolved or not.
Quickbooks unrecoverable error can sometimes be difficult to resolve but not impossible. With all the methods mentioned above in the article, you will be able to resolve the unrecoverable error in Quickbooks. In case you continue facing the issue, you may have to talk to the Quickbooks support team.