- At least 23 people were killed in a Russian airstrike on the central Ukrainian city of Vinnitsa on Thursday (July 14). Images released by Ukraine’s state emergency services showed dozens of charred bodies and a 10-story building ravaged by the explosion and subsequent fire in the 370-meter-long city. 000 inhabitants are located west of the capital, Kyiv, far from the front lines. Nearly 100 people were injured in the attack.
- “This day proves again Russia must be officially recognized as a terrorist state. (…) No other country in the world allows itself to destroy peaceful cities and the lives of ordinary people with cruise missiles and cannons every day.”said Thursday night Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky, pointing out that a medical center had been destroyed. Among the 23 dead were three children under the age of 10, he said. “Unfortunately, this is not the final number” because ‘Dozens of people missing’ and have ‘It hurts badly’.
- in a issue a press release On Thursday evening, the United Nations High RepresentativeEuropean Union foreign and security policy, Joseph Borrelland the European Crisis Management Commissioner, Janice Lenasicstatement “The EU condemns in the strongest terms the continued indiscriminate attacks on civilian buildings, including hospitals, schools and shelters” (Vinnitsa).
- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres is “Login” Civilian casualties in Vinnitsa. he “Condemns any attack on civilians or civilian infrastructure and reiterates the call for those responsible for these violations to be held accountable” His spokesman said international law.
- According to the Russian state news agency TASS, citing Vitaly Kiserevofficials of the “Luhansk People’s Republic”, Russia and separatist forces enter Siversk in Ukraine’s Donetsk region. According to him, the city could collapse in a few days, and for the time being it is impossible to verify these claims.
- Donetsk Governor Pavlo Kyrylenko reported on Thursday morning, “One dead and five wounded” (Bachmut)After that, according to him, Russia bombed this area of eastern Ukraine.
- The death toll from the Russian bombing of an apartment building in eastern Ukraine on Sunday has been reassessed as At least 48 people died, including a childUkrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said Wednesday night, calling the attack one of the worst “Barbarians of the Whole War”.
- North Korea officially recognizes Donetsk and Luhansk, two pro-Russian breakaway regions in eastern UkraineAs an independent country, North Korea’s state media reported Thursday morning. Kyiv announced to sever diplomatic ties with Pyongyang.
- Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmitro Kuleba on Wednesday ruled out ceding territory to Russiaas part of a possible peace deal, while making it clear that there are no peace talks between Moscow and Kyiv.
Find our live stream from yesterday here.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
maintain. Dutch Foreign Minister Wopke Hoekstra: ‘Our continent faces the greatest danger’
stands. Ukraine war: ‘Europeans can save Russia from humiliation while keeping neighbours and themselves safe’
reportage. The exodus of residents of Sloviansk, a bloodless city ‘within the range of Russian artillery’
chronic. Volodymyr Zelensky’s khaki T-shirt embodies a very controlled approach to communication
Ukraine war map, day by day
podcast. Putin and the West: Who will win the long nerve war?