Madrid, September 27 (EFE).- Overcast skies and rains will persist today in the Canary Islands, despite the fact that the tropical storm Hermine is already in retreat, and the rains and storms will affect the Balearic Islands and also Catalonia according to the forecasts of the National Meteorological Agency (Aemet).
Clouds and showers will appear in Galicia, in the Cantabria region and in the western Pyrenees, with strong winds in eastern Cantabria, the lower Ebro and its surroundings, the Ampurdán, the Valencian Community, the Balearic Islands and the Alborán Sea.
Maximum temperatures will increase slightly, especially in the high areas of the Canary Islands, the two plateaus, the Valencian Community and the southeast of the peninsula, while minimum temperatures increase in the northern half of the peninsula and drop in almost all South.
FORECASTS BY THE AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES
– GALICIA: mist and fog in the interior and cloudy sky in the morning with light and occasional rains more frequent in the northern third; the thermometers tend to rise especially in the southeast, while the wind, generally weak in the interior, will have more intense gusts in the central hours of the day and in the mountainous areas.
– ASTURIAS: morning fog especially in the mountainous areas and light and scattered rains, more frequent in the east of the peninsula and unlikely in the afternoon; minimum temperatures tend to increase slightly while maximum temperatures will remain on the coast; generally light wind in the interior and more intense on the coast.
– CANTABRIA: covered with weak but locally persistent showers, except in the south where precipitation will be unlikely; slightly rising thermometers and westerly wind on the coast, which will intensify with strong intervals in the afternoon, while in the interior it will ease to become light in the afternoon.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: locally persistent low rainfall in the northern half and rising temperatures, both minimum and maximum, especially in the interior; northwesterly wind that will intensify in the afternoon on the coast, with more intense intervals in the western part, and will ease in the interior.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: intervals of low clouds in the morning in the northern third and in the southeast, with the probability of mist and fog, although in the afternoon the cloudiness will increase in the eastern third with weak probable rains in the north and in the Iberian Cordillera; thermometers without major changes even with an upward trend and variable wind with strong gusts to the north and Iberian.
– NAVARRE: morning mists in the Bidasoa and the Pyrenees and cloudy skies with rain that may be locally persistent in the northern half; minimum temperatures without significant changes and maximum rise and light northwesterly wind, more intense during the central hours of the day.
– LA RIOJA: predominance of cloudy sky with probability of scattered light rain in La Rioja Alta; rising minimum temperatures and unchanged maximum and northwest wind, with strong gusts in the Iberian Peninsula.
– ARAGÓN: cloudy periods with scattered showers in the Pyrenees, west of Huesca and Cinco Villas and, in the rest, with a tendency towards clearer skies; rising minimum temperatures and slightly rising maximum temperatures in the south, falling in the Pyrenean zone and unchanged in the rest; moderate to strong wind, locally with very strong gusts.
– CATALONIA: morning mists and clouds and light rain in the Pyrenees of Lleida, with intervals of cloudy evolution in the eastern half of the region and, in the rest, clearer; the minimums increase in Lleida and Tarragona and the maximums decrease in Lleida; moderate wind with strong intervals and very strong gusts in the south of the same province, but also in the Ampurdán and the high Pyrenean levels and Tarragona, while in the rest it will be light to moderate.
– EXTREMADURA: generally clear skies throughout the autonomous community, with thermometers without major changes, tending downwards in terms of minimums and upwards in terms of maximums; light northwesterly wind.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: intervals of low clouds in the morning in the mountains and clear in the rest; the minimum temperatures increase in the summits of the central system and remain unchanged or in slight decrease in the rest, while the maximum ones do not change too much; loose northwest wind with more intense intervals in the mountains at the central hours of the day.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: lightly cloudy except for intervals of early morning low clouds in the central system and changing cloudiness in the northeast of the region during the central hours of the day; the minimum temperatures are increasing in the mountainous areas of Guadalajara and unchanged or slightly decreasing in the rest, while the maximum ones tend to increase; variable light wind with more intense intervals in the central hours of the day at points in the eastern half.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: clear skies will predominate, although with some low clouds in Castellón and cloudy intervals from noon; the minimum temperatures tend to stay the same or drop slightly and the maximum ones to increase; light to moderate westerly wind, with strong intervals and very strong gusts north of Castellón and sea breezes in the afternoon.
– REGION OF MURCIA: cloudy sky except for some low clouds or fog in the morning at points in the interior; decreasing minimum temperatures and increasing maximum temperatures; northwesterly wind, which will turn to southwest on the coast in the afternoon.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: clouds and scattered rain at dawn that can be accompanied by sometimes violent thunderstorms, although they subside in the morning; thermometers without major changes or tending to drop; west and northwest wind with strong intervals.
– ANDALUSIA: morning mists in the valleys and on the coast of the Atlantic side and slightly cloudy skies in general; minima fall in the northeast of the region and remain unchanged in the rest, while maxima increase except at points in the eastern interior and in the Betic mountain ranges; westerly wind, weak inland, although sometimes strong westerly winds are expected in the Mediterranean and the strait.
– CANARY ISLANDS: occasional rain, more likely and persistent in La Palma and Gran Canaria, although with a tendency to clear up, although strong cloudiness is expected in the afternoon, while in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, there could be light showers in the first hours; the minimum temperatures, unchanged and the maximum, increasing slightly to moderately; moderate easterly wind which, in the case of the peaks of Tenerife and La Palma, will be from the strong southwest with very strong gusts.