World

The perpetrators of the bow and arrow attack that killed 5 people in Norway were converts to Islam


related news

author The attack that killed five people this Wednesday Two people were injured in Kongsberg (southwestern Norway) I converted to Islam Police reported on Thursday that he appeared on a list of people worried about his radicalization.

“The police had been in contact with him before, there was a Concerns about its radicalization. But we did not register any notices in 2021,” Southwest Commissioner Ole Bredrup Sæverud said at a press conference.

However, Sæverud emphasized that the investigation is still in its early stages and it will take time to clarify the reasons, so He refused to guarantee that this was a terrorist attack.

The attacker was a 37-year-old Danish who had lived in Kongsberg for a long time and used more weapons in the attack. The police were “quite sure” that he was acting alone.

The deceased were four women and one man, aged between 50 and 70. Their identity has not been disclosed; one of the two injured was a police officer who was on leave.

The Norwegian police received a notice at 18:13 local time (16:13 GMT) stating A man holding a bow and arrow He was walking through Kongsberg city centre. Five minutes later, several police officers contacted him, but he managed to escape after shooting arrows at them.

The arrest occurred at 6:47 pm local time, and the police fired warning shots during the operation.

“As far as we know, it seems obvious The invaders killed some, maybe allAfter the first contact with the police,” Sæverud said, he asked to stop disseminating videos and photos of the attack on social networks.

Investigating prosecutor Ann Irén Svane Mathiassen previously disclosed to the Norwegian media that this person has admitted the facts and “Contacted” health service agencies many times In the past.

During the persecution of individuals, the authorities mobilized helicopters and special police forces, and after verifying that someone had been shot by an arrow, they asked the residents to stay at home.

Acting Prime Minister Erna Solberg called these incidents “horrible”, which is similar to the term used by opposition leader Labor Party Jonas Gal Stoll, who today Will serve as head of government after winning the general election A month ago.

The Kongsberg City Council established a reception center for relatives and victims, and mobilized a crisis team to respond to the situation.

.


Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Translate »

Adblock Detected

Please unblock the ad blocker.