The Nigerian Exchange (NGX) closed on a negative note with a loss of 20 billion naira as the bears regained dominance, sending the overall market down 35.72 basis points.
The All Share Index (ASI) fell 0.08% to close at 44,011.22 points. Similarly, the market capitalization depreciated by 20 billion naira.
At the close of the market on Thursday 17the As of November 2022, the market value of the stock stands at N23.9 trillion.
Meanwhile, the market breadth closed negative as UNILEVER led 13 gains and 21 losses, surpassed by GUINNESS at the end of today’s session.
So far this year, the stock market has advanced 1,294.78 basis points, or 3.03%, since the start of the year.
- NGX UPS: 44,011.22 points
- Previous UPS: 44,046.94 points
- % change of day: 0.08%
- % YtD: 3.03%
Market Capitalization (N): 23.971 billion
- Volume: 97.6 million
- Value (N): 847.8 billion
- Offers: 2,980
NGX ASI Top Gainers
- UNILEVER rose +10.00% to close at N11.00
- STANBIC rose +9.09% to close at N30.00
- UPL up +8.93% to close at N1.83
- SOVRENINS rose +8.33% to close at N0.26
- ROYALEX rose +6.85% to close at N0.78
NGX’s Biggest ASI Losers
- GUINNESS down – 9.97% to close at N60.50
- SCOA down – 9.79% to close at N1.29
- ABCTRANS down – 8.00% to close at N0.23
- UCAP down – 5.83% to close at N11.30
- OANDO down – 5.76% to close at N3.60
Top 3 by volume
- TRANSCORP – 10,654,607
- STAR BANK – 7,415,261
Top 3 by value
- GTCO-N 134.003.331
- ZENITH BANK -N 118.276.382
- NGX GROUP – N 79.763.542
… Stock Market Closes Negative as Investors Lose Naira 20 Billion Read more on … Naijaonpoint.