Anambra State Governor Professor Chukwuma Soludo has said Labor Party presidential candidate Peter Obi knows he cannot and will not win the 2023 general election, accusing him of gambling.
Soludo’s revelation seems to be a reaction to the criticism that accompanied his statement a few days ago, where he claimed that the much talked about investments made by Peter Obi when he was governor of the state of Anambra, were worth next to nothing.
This disclosure is contained in a public statement entitled, ‘History calls and I won’t shut up (Part 1)’ issued by Soludo on Monday, November 14, 2022.
Soludo, in the article, stated that the presidential contest in the 2023 general election is serious between 2 individuals and 2 parties and describes the others as mere exciting drama.
Soludo’s thoughts on Obi’s chances: The article says in part: “Let’s be clear: Peter Obi knows he can’t and won’t win. He knows the game he’s playing, and we know it, too, and he knows that we know.
- “The game he’s playing is the main reason he didn’t come back to the APGA. The brutal truth (and some will say, God forbid!) is that there are two people/parties seriously competing for the presidency; the rest is exciting drama!
- “That many Americans don’t like the fact that Joe Biden (79 years old) and Donald Trump (76 years old) are two main candidates for president in their parties does not eliminate the fact that if both emerge as candidates, definitely one of them it will. be president in 2024.
- “As my brother, I wish him the best and even pray for him. I told him during his courtesy call that my prayer is that he or APGA Professor Umeadi wins, so why not?
- “That’s from the heart, but I also told him that my head and the facts on the ground led me to know that his probability is almost zero (what I can’t say in front of you, I won’t say behind you).
- “So I already told him my opinion. In fact, there’s no credible path for him near the top two, and if he’s not careful, he won’t even be anywhere near third.
- “Analysts tell him you don’t need structure to win. Fancy! Of course, LP won the gubernatorial elections in Ekiti and Osun on social media and through ghost polls, with barely 2,000 votes on the ground. Creating a credible third force for the Nigerian presidential election requires a different strategy and extremely hard work.”
For the record: Recall that during an interview on a Channels Television program, Politics Today, a few days ago, Governor Soludo had denied talk of Peter Obi’s investments in a multinational brewery saying that the investments are currently worth next to nothing.
Obi had been using the investments when he was governor of Anambra state as one of the selling points to the electorate in the 2023 presidential election.
… Soludo says Peter Obi knows he can’t win 2023 presidential election, accuses him of gambling Read more at… Naijaonpoint.