The sofa is one of the high traffic areas in the home, as guests and owners use it on a daily basis. But how many people consider cleaning their sofas regularly? Not many; probably because Sofa cleaning in Brooklyn is not an easy task. The various folds and crevices of a sofa make cleaning a difficult task.
Tips for sofa cleaning
But according to professionals, sofa cleaning does not need to be a tedious task if carried out regularly, as long as the following tips are kept in mind.
* According to the care label. Check whether your sofa has a care label. If it does, study the label well and follow the instructions for cleaning.
* Start by vacuuming: You should start by vacuuming your sofa. If you don’t vacuum them out when cleaning your sofa, small dust particles on the surface of the sofa will penetrate deep inside through the edges. Therefore, vacuum the sofa thoroughly, even the smallest particles should be vacuumed out.
* Time is of the essence. When it comes to leaks or stains on the sofa, time is of the essence. Wipe the liquid from the stain with a paper towel or washcloth so that it does not penetrate deep into the interior of the sofa. Once it has swollen, wash the area with a mild detergent and water. Remember not to scrub too much or you will damage the sofa fabric. If there are solid stains, they should be removed using a dull knife. Alternatively, you can use white vinegar and baking soda to clean it.
* Oil stains. Oil stains should be cleaned with baking soda, which has the ability to absorb grease. When you have finished, wash the area with water.
* Do not wet completely. Unless you have a steam cleaner, do not wet the fabric sofa completely. Too much water can cause the fabric to shrink and can even leave stains. In addition, it will be difficult to dry the sofa later. A damp sofa is a breeding ground for mould and mildew. Leather sofas can be easily wiped with a damp cloth.
* Test sofa cleaning products. If using a commercially available product, test it on a less visible corner of the sofa before applying it fully. Any chemical reactions or fabric leaks can be detected at that point.
This is not as tedious a task as one might think. All you need is a little time and patience to deal with the stains and dirt and make your sofa look new again. It is best to have your sofa cleaned once in 18 months to prolong its life.
If in any case you are unable to remove a stubborn stain from your sofa, then help is at hand. Call Greenchoice cleaners right away and one of our professionals will be at your doorstep in no time.