Ronaldo rejects offer from new club

0
11


Former Manchester United striker Cristiano Ronaldo has turned down a move to join an A-League side in Australia as he considers the next step in his career.

A-League boss Danny Townsend revealed plans to lure Ronaldo to Australia shortly after the 37-year-old’s departure from Manchester United, but has now confirmed that the Portugal captain has turned down his offer.

Ronaldo is looking for a new club after his contract with Manchester United was terminated by mutual consent.

Remember that Man United and Ronaldo parted ways last month following his explosive interview with British broadcaster Piers Morgan.

“We had interesting discussions and there was genuine interest, but it’s clear he has other priorities at this stage,” Townsend told the Sydney Morning Herald.

Ronaldo has been heavily linked with a lucrative move to the Middle East, with Saudi Arabian outfit Al Nassr reportedly submitting a bid worth £173 million (AU$314.5 million) per season.

But the former Real Madrid star dismissed those reports after Portugal’s 6-1 World Cup win over Switzerland on Tuesday night.

“No, that’s not true, that’s not true,” Ronaldo said.

Al Nassr’s proposal was reportedly for a two-and-a-half-year deal until the summer of 2025.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here