Presidential election hopeful, Peter Obi and his vice presidential candidate, Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed, have finally released their 2023 Manifesto dubbed “Our Covenant with Nigerians: Making a New Nigeria”.
The long-awaited manifesto is a 72-page document detailing plans for the Obi/Datti campaign as they seek to win the 2023 elections.
The manifesto includes seven priorities that Peter Obi will focus on if elected president of Nigeria in 2022.
- To secure Nigeria, put an end to banditry and insurgency, and unite our dear nation, to manage our diversity with no one left behind.
- Shift the emphasis from consumption to production by running a production-oriented economy driven by an agrarian revolution and export-oriented industrialization.
- Restructure politics through effective legal and institutional reforms to strengthen the rule of law, aggressively fight corruption, reduce the cost of governance, and build an honest and efficient
- Leapfrog Nigeria towards the 4th Industrial Revolution (4IR), by using scientific and technological innovations to create a digital economy.
- Build an extensive and world-class infrastructure for efficient power supply, rail, road and air transportation, and pipeline networks, through integrated public-private partnerships, and entrepreneurial public sector governance.
- Developing the human capital of Nigerian youths for productivity and global competitiveness by investing in class scholarship and research, quality health care, and entrepreneurship education.
- Conduct an afro-centric diplomacy that protects the rights of Nigerian citizens abroad and promotes the economic interests of Nigerians and Nigerian businesses in a changing world.