Limited Nigerian Stock Exchange (NGX) has started the week with a loss of N76 billion as the bears regain dominance of the market.
The NGX All Share Index (ASI) depreciated 0.03% (or 138.64 basis points) to 43,818.12 index points from 43,956.76 index points last Friday.
Consequently, the market capitalization of the shares depreciated by N76 billion to close at N23.866 billion from N23.942 billion. The breadth of the market closed flat at 13 winners and 13 losers.
Meanwhile, a turnover of 187.09 million shares was traded in 3,326 deals during today’s trading session.
The premium subsector was the most active (measured by turnover volume) with 6,118.47 million shares exchanged by investors in 1,077 trades.
Volume in the subsector was largely driven by activity in the shares of Zenith Bank Plc and Access Holdings Plc.
In addition, the banking sub-sector was boosted by activities in GTCO Holdings Plc and Unity Bank Plc shares followed by a turnover of 22.37 million shares in 488 deals.
- UPS NGX: 43,818.12 points
- Previous UPS: 43,956.76 points
- % change of day: 0.03%
- %YtD: 2.51%
- Market capitalization (N): 23.866 billion
- Volume: 187.09 million
- Value (N): 2.53 billion
- Offers: 3,326
Top NGX ASI Winners
- FTNCOCOA rises +9.6% to close at N0.34
- CHIPLC rose +6.90% to close at N0.62
- MANSARD rose +5.88% to close at N1.62
- CHAMS rose +4.17% to close at N0.25
- UBN rose +3.48% to close at N5.95
NGX Top ASI Losers
- JOHNHOLT down – 9.88% to close at N0.81
- SCOA down – 9.71% to close at N1.75
- PRESTIGE down – 7.69% to close at N0.39
- UNITY BANK down – 5.26% to close at N0.57
- AFRIPRUD down – 4.67% to close at N5.35
Top 3 by volume
- ZENITH BANK –19,323,689
- TRANSCORP – 10,679,983
Top 3 for value
- ZENITHBANK- N385,788,915
… NGX opens the week in negative with a loss of N76 billion Read more at … Naijaonpoint.