jay leno he heads home.
previous tonight show The host, 72, was released from the Grossman Burn Center in the Los Angeles area on Monday, nine days after suffered “severe burns” in a gasoline fire in a garage. Center staff shared an image of the smiling comedian with several of his caregivers.
“Comedian Jay Leno was released from the Grossman Burn Center today,” the doctors shared in a statement obtained by PEOPLE on Monday. “After a 10-day stay at the facility, Jay will receive follow-up care at the Grossman Outpatient Burn Clinic for burns to his face, chest and hands that he received during a fire in his garage. House. Jay would like everyone to know how grateful he is for the care he received and he is very grateful for all the well wishes. He is looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with his family and friends and wishes everyone a wonderful holiday.”
Within the statement, his doctor, Dr. Peter Grossman, added: “I am pleased with Jay’s progress and am optimistic that he will make a full recovery.”
Grossman Burn Center
Leno underwent a treatment that involved surgical excision and grafting procedure, which removes unhealthy tissue in an effort to promote wound healing and reduce the risk of infection. Grossman said that with Leno’s burns, “much of the thickness of the skin was injured” in some areas, so unhealthy tissue was removed.
Do not miss any story: subscribe PEOPLE Free Daily Newsletter to stay up to date on the best of what PEOPLE…