How to identify hearing loss


Sudden hearing loss or deafness affects the sensory organs in the inner ear. It usually affects only one ear and adults between 45 and 55 years old. It usually presents as sudden hearing loss or lasting for a few days. How to identify hearing loss.

The causes are varied, from the consequence of other diseases, brain infections and head trauma or unknown causes.

degrees of hearing loss

According to Nara Seguros, we talk about the amount of decibels that we have stopped perceiving at different frequencies. Perhaps unilateral or bilateral and is classified into seven degrees, be normal: we hear below 20 decibels of loss; soft: you start to hear from 50 decibels; moderate: the hearing loss is between 42 and 70 decibels; moderate-severe: hearing loss is between 71 and 90 decibels; deep: only loud noises are heard and it is between 91 and 119 decibels; and cofosis: it is the total loss of hearing.

Treatments for these losses

Some can be treated with surgery or appropriate medical treatment. In most cases, hearing aids are required as the first option, which helps to significantly improve the quality of life for people with hearing loss.

Inner Ear Risk Factors

  • Aging: Over time, the structures of the ear degenerate.
  • Loud Noises: Damage occurs when you are subjected to loud noises.
  • Hereditary: Due to genetic components, one may be more vulnerable to damage to the inner ear.
  • Occupational risks: noise from factories or the working environment.
  • Recreational sports: due to exposure to noise such as noise from cars and motorcycles, aircraft turbines…
  • Drug effect: Certain antibiotics, high-dose aspirin, chemotherapy, and other drugs can cause hearing loss.
  • Certain diseases: such as meningitis, which damages the cochlea.

Who does it affect the most?

In general, it occurs in older people, and for this reason, although they can leave at any time after 45, it is better to be attentive when the person has already reached 60.

What should we do?

Before any damage or anything different that we observe in the ear, we must go to the doctor who is the one who can direct us to the specialist. If we are in a mutual, they will surely tell us to go directly to the expert, but that does not mean that there is already a more serious problem.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here