The Netgear Nighthawk routeris an outstanding option for bandwidth-hungry activities like playing online games, online content consumption, and live video streaming. It is the foremost networking device used by the user all over the world. Nowadays many users facing Nighthawk routers keep disconnecting issues. Because of this disconnecting problem, if you are unable to access the Nighthawk router login page, then don’t panic, you are in the right place. In this post, we will cover all the troubleshooting tips to fix the disconnecting issue.
Reasons Behind Nighthawk Router disconnecting issue
There are many reasons why your router is disconnecting. Here, is the list of some common issues:
- Power adapter-related problem.
- Technical glitches.
- Loose and defective cable.
- The modem and router are too far from each other.
- Router heat-up.
- Netgear Router placed near the metal or electrical objects.
Fixed- Nighthawk Router Keeps Disconnecting issue
Try these numerous quick tips and tricks to solve the Netgear router keeps disconnecting issue. The best thing is that these hacks do not need any specific networking knowledge. The keep disconnecting issue can simply solve by everyone.
Tip-1 Restart Your Netgear Router
The initial step to solving the router disconnecting issue is to power cycle the router. To reboot, detach your router from the modem. Switch off the router and remove it from the electric socket. Wait for a few minutes and insert the router back in the power socket and turn on the switch. Now, rejoin the Netgear router to the modem.
Tip-2 Check the Ethernet Cable
Be sure that the cable you used to connect the router and modem is not defective. Also, ensure that the Ethernet cable connection is stable.
Tip-3 Router is Superheat
Sometimes the disconnecting issue arises due to the router overheating. Do not forget to switch off the Nighthawk router in the summertime or when it gets superheated. Otherwise, your router’s WiFi signal will stop and show disconnecting problem.
Tip-4 Distance Between Modem and Router
Be sure that your router and modem are placed in the same room. If the distance between the modem and router is too much it is difficult for them to communicate properly. To avoid disconnecting issues locate them in the right place.
Tip-5 Disable VPN
If no problem shows in your router but disconnecting issues arise then disable the VPN. The VPN software change your IP address in a few minutes and travel long distance backward and forward
Tip-6 Avoid WiFi interference
Ensure that your Nighthawk router and the modem are placed away from electrical appliances, water, and metal objects like baby monitors, washing machines, fish bowls, cordless phones, refrigerators, Bluetooth speakers, Microwave ovens, televisions, insulated walls, bricks, and aluminum studs.
Tip-7 Update Nighthawk Firmware
To fix the router keeps disconnected issue make sure that you are using the latest firmware. If you don’t know how to update the firmware via routerlogin.net then follow the procedure that is mention below:
- Switch on the client device.
- Launch a web browser.
- In the URL bar of the browser type the default web address routerlogin.net and hit the Enter button.
- As soon as you hit the Enter button, Netgear admin login page will appear.
- Now, fill in the login details and click on the Log In button.
- Once you login BASIC Home screen will appear.
- Select the Menu settings and click on the maintenance option.
- Here, choose the firmware update option.
Note: Apart from this method, you can also use Netgear Nighthawk App to update the latest firmware.
Tip-8 Reset the Router
If you have tried all the above-mentioned tips and tricks and you are still facing Disconnecting issues. then it’s high time to reset the Nighthawk router to its default factory settings. To reset, follow the steps that are listed below:
- Firstly, connect the Nighthawk router to the client device such as a laptop or computer.
- Now, open a web browser of your choice like Chrome, Firefox, and Edge.
- Here, enter the default web address in the address bar of the browser and click on the Enter button.
- Once you hit the Enter button login panel will show on the screen.
- After that, click on the Maintenance tab.
- Select the Backup settings option.
- At last, press the Restore button.
Right now your router is reset to its default settings.
In the End
That’s it! We hope that these hacks will help you to solve the Netgear Nighthawk router disconnecting issue in a hassle-free way.