When it comes to credit cards, everyone has various requirements. You might want to earn a lot of cashback on all of your transactions or save money on gas. This is why selecting the appropriate credit card is crucial. We’ve compiled a list of the finest credit cards in India to assist you in finding the right card for your needs, including cashback, online shopping, travel, and lifestyle.
The ideal credit card for you is one that is aligned with your goals and provides the most value. You should compare the top credit cards in India in terms of yearly fees, features, bonuses, and offers before applying for one.
Top 10 credit cards in India for 2022
Credit Card Best suited for
- Axis Bank Ace Credit Card Cashback
- SBI Card ELITE Shopping, Travel and Movies
- HDFC Regalia Credit Card Shopping and Travel
- Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card Online Shopping
- Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card Online Shopping
- Citi PremierMiles Air Miles
- HDFC Millennia Credit Card Cashback
- Standard Chartered Digismart Online Shopping
- HSBC Cashback Credit Card Cashback
- HDFC Bank Diners Club Privilege Travel and Lifestyle
Credit card eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria for a credit card vary not only from one issuer to the next but also between different card variations offered by the same issuer. While basic requirements such as age, place of residence, source of income, credit score, and so on are likely to remain the same across card varieties, the minimum income criterion is the significant differentiator in the case of credit cards. Card providers have defined income qualifying criteria for each card they offer based on the type of card, its benefits, and the annual fee.
How to apply for a credit card online?
You can apply for a credit card, both online and offline. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the credit card application process has been digitized, making it simpler and faster.
The Process to Apply for a Credit Card Online
You can apply for a card online on the bank’s website by following these steps:
Step 1: Visit the bank’s website.
Step 2: Explore the cards offered by the bank.
Step 3: Use the comparison tool if available to compare their features and benefits
Step 4: Select the card that is the right one for you and hit the ‘Apply’ button.
Step 5: Fill in the required details and upload all necessary documents.
Step 6: Submit your form.
Documents required to apply for a credit card online in India:
Applicants can submit any one of the ID proof, address proof, and income proof documents listed below.
|Requirements||Salaried Individuals||Self Employed|
|ID Proof||Passport, PAN card, Aadhar card, Voter’s ID||Passport, PAN card, Aadhar card, Voter’s ID|
|Residential Proof||Aadhar Card, Electricity Bill, Telephone bill||Aadhar Card, Electricity Bill, Telephone bill|
|Income Proof||Salary Certificate, Recent Salary slip/s, Employment Letter||Certified Financials, Recent ITR Statement, Passport|
Which is the best credit card for you?
- Your pattern of spending: When it comes to picking the right credit card, your monthly expenditure is crucial.
- The reward type: Credit cards offer cashback, reward points, and air miles as rewards.
- Charges and fees: Compare the interest rates on various credit cards, as well as the associated fees and levies.
- Card offers: Some cards come with excellent special discounts when you use them to shop on a specific website or in a specific store.
- When you apply for a credit card, some banks will give you a welcome bonus or a joining incentive. The latest item or additional points and miles could be given as gifts.
- Payment options: Most credit cards allow you to pay in a variety of ways.
How to earn and use credit card reward points?
You earn reward points each time you use your best credit card. Reward points can be used to purchase gift cards, items, or a straight statement credit. Some cards, for example, may give you more rewards when you spend money on groceries, while others may give you more rewards when you book flights or hotels.
Instead of reward points, some cards offer cashback. Unlike reward points, which must be redeemed, these are credited instantly to your credit card account.