Claims for FIFA World Cup balls produced in Egypt

0
11


The location of the factory that will produce the 2022 FIFA World Cup balls has generated mixed opinions online. Others claimed that the World Cup balls are made in Pakistan, contrary to some who claim they were made in Egypt.

Some social media users posted photos of the balls and claimed that current FIFA World Cup balls are made in Egypt. An Egyptian journalist posted a photo of himself inside a factory with new balls behind him and wrote: “World Cup ball made in Egypt.”

However, commentators pointed to the balls behind the journalist, saying they are different from the ones used at the 2022 World Cup, which takes place in Qatar.

“Made in Egypt,” another person posted a close-up photo of the ball showing this line. Others strongly denied the balls made in Egypt and said that the World Cup balls are made in Pakistan.

One group of people suggested that 20 percent of the balls are made in Pakistan, while the other 80 percent are made in Egypt.

Bloomberg report

Most of the world’s balls, including Adidas’ Al Rihla, the official ball of the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar, are produced in Sialkot, Pakistan.



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here