CIBC Named One of Canada’s Top 50 Corporate Citizens by Corporate Knights
Toronto, July 5, 2022 /CNW/ – CIBC rated from Canada 50 Best Corporate Citizens of 2022 by Corporate Knights.
“At CIBC, we are proud of our long-standing focus on ESG priorities. We take a cutting-edge approach to seizing opportunities and managing risks in areas such as sustainable finance, climate change, data ethics and inclusion,” said Cyclomo Laval, Chief Legal Officer and Executive Director of ESG Strategy at CIBC. “We are delighted to receive this recognition as we continue to play a leadership role in creating a more inclusive and sustainable future for all. »
Corporate Knights’ 50 Best Corporate Citizens of 2022 Canada It is based on several key performance indicators (KPIs) covering ESG-related compensation, labor practice metrics, board and management representation, and own income and own investments. CIBC’s ranking partly reflects its focus on creating opportunities for team members through wellbeing, culture and diversity, and representation on the board and senior management.
In 2021, CIBC announced its refocused ESG strategy, which brings together existing and new bank-wide ESG initiatives with a focus on building integrity and trust, creating opportunity and accelerating climate action.
Recent and notable ESG initiatives include:
- CIBC’s Board of Directors has achieved gender-balanced leadership, with 50 percent female representation.1
- Co-founder of Carbonplace, a new technology platform for voluntary carbon markets, helping companies achieve net zero goals.
- $34.9 Mobilize $1 billion in sustainable financing in 2021 – Double our goal of mobilizing sustainable financing to $300 billion by 2030.2
- Commitment of $100 million in limited partnership (LP) investments dedicated to key funds investing in climate technologies and the energy transition.
- In 2022, CIBC improved employee health benefits, including increased income replacement benefits during parental leave, mental health services, gender-affirming care, fertility treatment, and the use of registered dietitians.
- Over 212,000 clients attended financial education seminars and events between 2019 and 2021, exceeding our goal of 200,000. 1
- $8.3 billion New loan approvals to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) have reached 92.4% so far in four years $9 billion Target. 1
In addition to the Corporate Knights ranking, CIBC’s most recent recognition of sustainability efforts includes the following:
- Named one of the world’s leading climate action banks by CDP.
- Named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index – North America for the 17th consecutive year.
- named one from Canada Top Diversity Employers for the 12th consecutive year.
- named one from Canada Top Employers for Youth for the 10th consecutive year.
- Named to The Globe and Mail’s 2021 Women in Leadership Awards for gender diversity in executive leadership.
To learn more about how CIBC is activating resources to create positive change, contribute to a safer, equitable and sustainable future and make everyone’s aspirations a reality, visit Our Corporate Responsibility webpage.
2 Sustainable finance primarily involves client activities that support, but are not limited to, renewable and zero-emission energy, energy efficiency, sustainable infrastructure, green buildings, finance and products related to sustainable development. CIBC’s offerings are included in its engagement commitment to support these client activities, including loans and loan syndication, debt and equity underwriting, M&A advisory and principal investment.
CIBC is North America’s leading financial institution with 13 million retail, commercial, public sector and institutional banking customers. In personal and business banking, commercial banking, wealth management and capital markets, CIBC provides a full range of advice, solutions and services through its leading digital banking network and branches across Canada, with offices in the United States and around the world There are offices.For the latest press releases and more information from CIBC, please visit www.cibc.com/en/about-cibc/media-centre.html
For more information: Kira Smylie, CIBC Public Affairs, 416-980-2949 or [email protected]