Ttwo of the most furious punchers in the light heavyweight division will fight for three world titles in one of the most anticipated fights of the year. WBC/IBF champion Artur Beterbiev (17-0, 17 KOs), the only champion with a 100% knockout percentage will face the WBO champion of Long Island. Joe Smith Jr. (28-3, 22 KOs) Saturday at the Hulu Theater in Madison Square Garden.
In the highly anticipated 10-round featherweight co-main event, two-time Cuban Olympian Robeisi Ramirez (9-1, 5 KOs) will increase the quality of his opposition against the invincibles Abraham “El Super” Nova (21-0, 15 KOs). Ramirez has won nine fights in a row after a bad loss in his pro debut, while Nova moved up to featherweight after spending the first five years of his career at 135 pounds.
“This is a very important fight for me. As far as the location of the fight, it’s no different for me. I’m more focused on combat. I’m more focused on my opponent than the venue. boxing coach and my fitness coach on how I train. I ask them if this is less than what I did two years ago. They tell me that I’m better than two years ago.
Joe Smith Jr.
“This is a great opportunity. Beterbiev is a big name in boxing. Everyone knows who he is. He has two world titles and I want these belts. I think this fight will be great. We have two great knockouts and I very happy to be with him in the ring.
Weight in results
– Artur Beterbiev 175vs. Joe Smith Jr 174.6
(WBC/IBF/WBO semi-fullweight world titles – 12 rounds)
– Robeisi Ramirez, 125.8 lbs vs. Abraham Nova, 125.4 lbs
(USBA Featherweight and WBO Global title vacancies – 10 rounds)
(ESPN+, 6:30 pm ET/3:30 pm PT)
– Bruce Carrington 127.4 lbs. against. Adrian Leiva, 127.4 lbs.
(featherweight – 6 rounds)
– Jahi Tucker, 147.8 lbs vs. D’Andre Smith, 147.6 lbs
(welterweight – 6 rounds)
– Floyd Diaz 121.6 lbs vs. Daniil Platonovskiy 122 lbs.
(junior featherweight – 6 rounds)
– Troy Isley, 158.6 lbs vs. Donte Stubbs, 161.6 lbs
(Middleweight – 6 rounds)
– Wendy Toussaint, 152.2 lbs vs. Asiania Byfield, 152.8 lbs
(junior middleweight – 8 rounds)
– Jahya Brown 153.2 lbs vs. Keene McMahon, 152.6 lbs
(junior middleweight – 6 rounds)