- There are areas in your house that have no WiFi service.
- The last room of your house has a slow internet connection.
- You are in the need of the fastest WiFi possible.
- Your place is larger than a normal house.
- You want the WiFi signals of your router to extend to your lawn outside.
If even one of these situations is true, then trust us, you need perform TP-Link repeater setup in your home. Whether you perform TP Link AC1200 setup, TP Link AC1900 setup, or configure any other repeater model, that is totally your choice. The steps that we have mentioned in this post can be implemented to set up all of these models. Thus, go through this post and learn how to configure a TP-Link wireless repeater in a matter of minutes.
How to Set Up TP-Link WiFi Repeater?
- Plug your TP-Link wireless repeater into a power socket and turn it on.
- Get hold of an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the cable to your repeater and another to the existing modem.
- Switch on your PC once you have assured a stable connection between your devices.
- Open an internet browser on your device as per your choice.
- In the address bar of your browser, insert tplinkrepeater.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the TP-Link repeater login page.
- When prompted, input the default login username and password of your device.
- Click the Log In button.
- The Quick Setup wizard will appear.
- Now, you need to walk through the on-screen instructions in order to complete setting up your TP-Link wireless repeater.
Although executing the TP-Link repeater setup process is a piece of cake, if you are a beginner to the process and are facing issues, follow the hacks mentioned below.
Troubleshooting TP-Link Repeater Setup Issues
- The first and foremost thing that you need to ensure is an adequate and uninterrupted power supply from the wall socket to your wireless repeater.
- The Ethernet cable connecting your TP-Link repeater and the existing modem should not be worn out or damaged from any point. Otherwise, you will have to connect your devices using a wireless medium.
- Keep in mind to only use the correct web address. Otherwise, you won’t be able to access the TP-Link repeater login page.
- If the default web address refuses to work for you, consider using the default IP address to log in to your TP-Link wireless repeater.
- The distance between your TP-Link repeater and the existing router should not be too much. Or else, it will get difficult for them to transmit signals properly.
- Ensure that your repeater is not placed near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, mirrors, fish tanks, aluminium studs, utensils containing water, etc.
- Do not enter the wrong login username and password when and where required. If you are not certain regarding the default admin details of your TP-Link repeater, it is advised that you refer to the user manual that came along with your device.
- On the Quick Setup wizard, follow the instructions in the same order they are given. Or else, no matter what you do, setting up your repeater will become impossible.
If even after following the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks, you are unable to perform TP-Link setup, consider opting for the Tether app to complete the process.
The Bottom Line
Performing TP-Link repeater setup will extend the WiFi range of your existing router and transmit it to every corner of your home. We expect that after walking through the steps given above, you will be able to configure a repeater in your home without much hassle.