There are strong indications that the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) may sanction the private plane that transported Labor Party (LP) presidential candidate Mr. Peter Obi from the Benin airport to Ibadan, the state capital. of Oyo, for violation of security procedures. .
A source close to the regulatory body confided to our correspondence this Thursday that the aircraft with the registration: 5N-HPY ignored the warning of the Air Traffic Controllers (ATC) not to take off due to the closure of the airport at that particular time. due to its closure.
The question: Despite the warning, it was learned that the pilot (names withheld) took off from the airport, thus contravening safety regulations.
The source told our correspondent that the NCAA has launched an investigation into the driver’s violation of safety rules and may penalize him if found wanting.
The source insisted that the regulatory agency was apolitical and that politicians would not drag it into political affairs, saying it strongly adheres to the best industry standards as recommended by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- The source said: “The plane in question left the Benin airport after it was closed. Specifically, the pilot ignored the instructions of the Air Traffic Controllers (ATC) that the aircraft should not depart at that time since the airport was closed.
- “As a regulatory agency, the NCAA cannot tolerate this type of behavior. We will investigate the matter. Everyone must obey the instructions. This is a very sensitive industry that deals with human lives. Even Mr. President’s pilots obey instructions. Why should anyone act above the law? The aircraft remains on the ground. We are investigating the rape.”
Remember that the Labor Party’s media arm, the Obi-Datti Media Office, on Wednesday condemned the NCAA’s alleged grounding of his campaign plane, a move it said nearly disrupted his rally. scheduled campaign in Ibadan.
Ground connection yet to be explained: Obi-Datti Campaign Organization media chief Diran Onifade said the party expressed surprise at the yet-to-be-explained grounding of its campaign plane, saying the action led to the incapacitation of the Labor Party and the campaign officials, who had already assembled. at the airports of Lagos and Abuja, to attend the rally in Ibadan.
Onifade said the development took the party by surprise, but that couldn’t stop them from holding the rally as planned.
- The statement says: “Obident’s plane was grounded today by the powers that be “for regulatory reasons only”. Please ignore any naughty rumors. Our mass rally in Ibadan is proceeding as planned.
- “All we know is what the leasing provider told us that federal authorities will not allow Obidient Aircraft to file a flight plan due to ongoing regulatory investigations.
- “We are not aware of the specific details or the nature of the investigations.
- “Malicious political operatives had seized the opportunity to spread unfounded rumors of a plane crash that were quickly dispelled. However, the Ibadan rally was a huge success with Labor Party presidential candidate Mr Peter Obi making a stop in Iseyin Town before joining a crowd of organic supporters at Lekan Salami Stadium, Adamasingba, Ibadan ”.
… Airline pilot Peter Obi violates ATC instructions as NCAA launches investigation Read more about … Naijaonpoint.